Friday, January 9, 2009

WHY WE DON'T LIVE IN TOWN...

Gladys said after getting out of her coat:

"Its downright terrible out there
on the road today. Absolutely a glare of ice,
yesterday with the snow then rain
theres a big long sheet of ice out there.
We didn't even get to the old Wash House.
We got just past the big bend in the road
and we went end to end.

Dulcie got us straightened out and we headed back
home slowly. Very slowly.

I'm going to have a cup of coffee and read the paper
to get calmed down. Too much excitement for me.
I still feel the car slipping and going sideways.
I want to just sit in my chair and watch tv and
stay still and be warm."

Dick called Donna to cancel the appointment and
tell her we were staying put at home today.

Its snowing softly.

This is why we don't live in town:

No comments: